In our long experience, deliveries are the one area where you get what you pay for! We know that the vast majority of post-sales complaints are related to delivery problems. These problems range from scheduling and timing changes, through to damage to property, such as scratches to floors and scrapes on walls. Occasionally the furniture being delivered is damaged – usually when access is harder, or tighter, than initially anticipated. Cheap is definitely not cheerful in these instances.
A search online shows several retailers offer ‘free delivery’, probably achieved by building the delivery costs into the price of their products. That is something we didn’t feel was appropriate to do. So, as our products are distributed by couriers who charge by the cubic meter, we have priced accordingly.
For each item delivered within the UK Mainland we have a flat standard charge, based on a local or national tariff. All prices are inclusive of VAT:
|Type of furniture (each item)||Chair
(stand alone, arm-chair or statement piece)
|All other items
(chaises, sofas, sofa beds, corner units etc)
|Local Delivery charge||£49.00||£69.00|
|National Delivery charge||£59.00||£99.00|
Delivery is based on post code. Please click to check here.
Having decided to make a delivery charge, we have elected not to scrimp on the quality of the service through achieving slightly lower delivery charges. Therefore we have contracted with a national delivery furniture specialist with a reputation for providing a high quality service. All of our orders, whether they are online, in-store or via telephone or email, are handled by the same contractor who will:
- Contact you prior to delivery to book a mutually convenient date for your furniture delivery, reserving a morning or afternoon slot.
- Notify you if there are delays to your order, or changes to delivery expectations.
- Follow up with a pre-delivery telephone call will confirm the morning or afternoon slot to ensure that you are able to receive your furniture as scheduled.
- Deliver your furniture to the room of your choice, using a ‘white-glove’ two-man delivery crew. The delivery crew will do everything reasonably possible to deliver your furniture to where you want it. However, if space is tight, please do bear in mind that it is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery specialists can gain access to the room of your choice.
- Provide assistance where basic assembly is necessary (such as screwing legs on sofas/sofa beds; attaching bolt-on arms etc).
Your delivery will be unpacked and the packaging removed for environmental disposal, should you so wish.